Yup... That's correct! I want to be a military nurse -- in the Armed Forces of the Philippines, that is. This blog will be my partner as I reach my goal to become one -- or not. =( I just hope that I'll be accepted for the Nurse Corps' next year's (2008) batch. This will be a dream come true for me. Please help me, Lord...

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Second Chance... or third... or fourth...

Someone made a comment (which I wasn't expecting) on my previous post entitled, "Application Form- My Friendster Version." He shared that he, too, really aspires to study in PMA but fate has somehow made it hard on him. He already took the exam thrice and this coming August will be his last chance to pass the PMA entrance exam. I know that it would make him very happy if he passes it, and I'm hoping he will. I admire how this man continues to strive for his dream despite the previous unsuccessful attempts to realize it.

I don't know if i can do the same... I have a dream too -- see the title of my blog?-- I want to be a military nurse. I don't know, though, if I can continue to strive to become one after, let's say, 2 attempts. I already told myself that if I don't get accepted by February next year, maybe it's not really what God has planned for me. From the start, my mother was always against this so-called dream, so I'd do her a favor -- that is, after this attempt, I won't take a second chance anymore. It's time that i start getting a job that pays. hehehe.. By the way, my current status right now is a pabigat sa aking pamilya. I did not apply in the hospitals here since all of them require me to work for about a year or two with them. The thing is, I want to become a military nurse at the soonest possible time which is this coming February next year. So helping my family financially (which is what is expected of a registered nurse) right now is not really possible. Many people even expect me to work abroad as soon as possible! Unfortunately, that abroad thing hasn't crossed my mind yet. Instead, I end up a pabigat because I still have to ask money for my ongoing volunteer duty in the provincial hospital. However, I am still thankful to my family because they don't really consider me as a pabigat. This feeling of being pabigat continues to "haunt" me but I'm trying to see this as one of the difficult obstacles to achieving my goal.

I guess dreams can be deceiving after all. We dream. We think the way to making that dream come true is as beautiful as "dreaming" about it. We must remember that the "sweetest" or greatest dreams require the most sacrifice and hard work. But then again, no matter how many sacrifices we've done just make our dreams come true, it doesn't really matter. What matters most is that we did our best to make them come true... even after the second chance, the third, the fourth, and so on....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sir/maam on duty n po ba kayo as a military nurse? i wanted to pursue this career sana,i even passed the PAATB and the interview for AFP officer but then I doubt if I could passed the physical exam. i think 5'2 lng height ko and i only have 78% as a rating sa NLE.do you think magququalify ako?